The scheme is in place to donate unsellable products and materials for re-use by local schools, other educational institutions and community groups, for the benefit of the local community and the environment.
These items are donated on the understanding that they will be re-used or disposed of responsibly if they are not used.
Eligible groups include:
- Schools and colleges
- Child minders, playgroups and nurseries
- Allotment associations, community gardening projects
- Youth groups including scouts, guides and cadets
- Registered charities
- Conservation groups including The Conservation Volunteers and Forest Schools
- Community projects organised by local churches and other religious groups
- Women’s Institute, Lions Clubs, Rotary, Townswomen Guilds
- Royal British Legion
- Adult education projects, University of the Third Age
- Other local community groups
Please note that these are unsellable items. B&Q cannot guarantee the suitability for re-use. No electrical or dangerous products can be donated e.g. broken ladders, faulty chairs or lights. Items are not donated to individuals.
For more information please contact your local store directly and speak to a duty manager.
B&Q works with Community Repaint, a network of schemes that collects any surplus, re-usable paint and redistributes it within their communities to individuals and families on low income, charities and community groups. In 2014, Community Repaint saved over 446,000 litres of paint from going to waste.