The Big Lottery Fund’s ‘Celebrate’ programme is offering grants of between £300 and £10,000 for groups to hold one off events or activities which celebrate their local community.
You could celebrate something from your community’s history or a local hero. Or maybe it’s a chance to bring people together to get to know their neighbours better.
Due to the huge success of Celebrate they have allocated an extra £4.1 million of funding to give even more local communities the chance to come together and celebrate
They now have a total of £7.695 million for projects in England.
You can apply if you are a:
- voluntary or community organisation with a constitution and bank account
- statutory body
They are especially keen to receive applications from groups who have not applied to them before.
You will also need to show that your project is open to everyone in your local community.
They will give higher priority to applications from:
- schools and academies.
- projects which strongly demonstrate that they are people led and are something the community wants
- projects which demonstrate communities coming together to celebrate and share their diverse cultures
- projects which actively bring different generations together
They will fund activities that bring people together to celebrate their local community.
In your application they would like to know
- how the project will bring people together in the community to celebrate.
- why the activity is something your local community wants and how you can demonstrate it is led by the people within it.
For further information and to apply for funding, please visit: https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/celebrateengland