The aim of the scheme is to increase participation in football by both players and volunteers. Applications are welcome from not for profit organisations that are planning to set up two new football teams over the next two years. For 2017 funding is available to organisations wishing to set up male teams – under-14s to adult; female teams – under-7s to adult; and disability teams. Organisations that can apply for funding include:
- Football clubs
- Youth clubs with a football programme
- Futsal clubs
- Community groups/centre/clubs
- Charitable Organisations
- Parish Councils
- Sports associations
- Local authorities
- Multi-sports clubs
- Companies limited by guarantee
- professional club community schemes
- Industrial and provident societies
- Unincorporated not-for-profit organisations
- University and college teams playing in FA affiliated community leagues.
The type of activities that can be funded include (but are not limited to):
- Facility hire
- Hire of FA qualified coaches
- Referees fees
- CRB checks
- Affiliation fees
- Promotion and publicity; etc.
Organisations are able to receive a grant of £1,500 per new team created over two or three years with financial support being reduced in the second or third year of the project.