Talent Match is funded by the BIG Lottery. Black Country Impact – This project is receiving up to £34million of funding made up of £17 million from the EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND and £17 million from the YOUTH EMPLOYMENT INITIATIVE, plus match funding of up to £8 million from the BIG LOTTERY FUND and funding from partners.
Black Country Talent Match is a 5 year project supporting Young Adults ages 18-29 who have been out of work, training or education for at least 6 months and who require additional support to overcome specific barriers to employment.
To enable Young Adults who are furthest away from being work ready to secure or take up enterprising and/or job opportunities, by improving their confidence and optimism by offering intensive support through the provision of solution focused Mentors.
Working throughout the Black Country with Hubs based in each of the 5 Talent Match zones, the project across the 5 years will work with 2017 Young Adults who have been NEET for 6 months or more. This includes 212 (10%) Young Adults who are classed as ‘hidden’ (not signing on).
The projects focus is on the following thematic groups:
- Care leavers
- Members of travelling families
- Engaged in substance misuse
- Homeless or in need of housing
- ‘Hidden’ groups
This project will achieve the following the outcomes:
- 100% of Young Adults have improved confidence, motivation and optimism
- Improved access for Young Adults to better quality local employment and training
- 80% access training and development
- 30% access work experience
- 30% access volunteering opportunities
- 100% Young Adults take responsibility for co-designing their own support packages
- Improved and better co-ordinated pathways into positive economic activity
- More Young Adults secure employment, take up training or further education or create their own employment and enterprise
- 25% secure employment or self-employment
- Develops strong links between businesses and Young Adults through the local Hubs and governance structures and uses the links as a platform for opening up employment opportunities for Talent Match Young Adults
- Is clearly focused on our target beneficiaries, including businesses and employers who heavily influence the design and delivery of the programme
- Provide good value for money and Social Return on Investment and develops an approach to ensure that the benefits of working together in partnership continues when the funding ends (sustaining)
- Is tightly focused on the areas of greatest need, those furthest from the labour market and those classed as ‘hidden’ in order to demonstrate impact on the lives of the Young Adults we are targeting
- Is creative and locally driven, using the knowledge about the local economy and opportunities to create innovative solutions that focus on the unique needs of the area
- Involves Young Adults in co-designing their own tailored support to develop personalized pathways, bespoke support and access to the right advice and guidance
If you are a business with volunteering, work placement or job opportunities or a young person who would benefit from mentoring support, please contact the Talent Match team on the details below.
|Kim Babb||Programme Directoremail@example.com||01902 328973|
|Trishna Burke||Relationships and Referrals Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||01902 328973|
|Claire Fitzgerald||Commissioning and Monitoring Workeremail@example.com||01902 328973|
|Jo Ford||Project Admin & Information Workerfirstname.lastname@example.org||01902 328973|
|Richard Beard||Youth Leadership & Engagement Officeremail@example.com||01902 328973|